63-149 ENG IV UCLA Campus
420 Westwood Plaza
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1594
ATTN: 63-149, ENG IV
UCLA Main Campus
Osama Hanna is a Ph.D. student at the Electrical and Computer Engineering Department at UCLA. He works with Prof. Fragouli as a member of the Laboratory of Algorithmic Research in Network Information Flow. Before joining UCLA, he received his Bachelor’s and Masters degrees in Electrical, Electronics and Communications Engineering from Cairo University, and Nile University respectively.
- Machine learning
- Information and coding theory
- Mathematical logic
- Ph.D., Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of California Los Angeles, (Current)
- Advisor: Prof. Christina Fragouli
- M.Sc., Electrical Engineering, Nile University, Egypt, 2018
- B.S., Electrical, Electronics and Communications Engineering, Cairo University, Egypt 2014
- O. A. Hanna, Y. H. Ezzeldin, C. Fragouli, and S Diggavi, “Quantization of Distributed Data for Learning”, in Journal on Selected Areas in Information Theory (JSAIT), 2021.
- Osama A. Hanna, Yahya H. Ezzeldin, T. Sadjadpour, Christina Fragouli and Suhas Diggavi, “On Distributed Quantization for Classification”, in IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Information Theory 2020.
- Osama A. Hanna, M. Nafie, and A. El-Keyi, “Cache-Aware Source Coding”, in IEEE Comm. Letters, 2018.
- Osama A. Hanna, Lin F. Yang, and Christina Fragouli, “Contexts can be Cheap: Solving Stochastic Contextual Bandits with Linear Bandit Algorithms”, arXiv preprint arXiv:2211.05632 (2022).
- Osama A. Hanna, Antonious M. Girgis, Christina Fragouli, and Suhas Diggavi, “Differentially Private Stochastic Linear Bandits:(Almost) for Free”, arXiv preprint arXiv:2207.03445 (2022).
- Osama A. Hanna, Lin F. Yang, and Christina Fragouli, “Learning from Distributed Users in Contextual Linear Bandits Without Sharing the Context”, in NeurIPS 2022.
- Osama A. Hanna, Lin F. Yang, and Christina Fragouli, “Solving Multi-Arm Bandit Using a Few Bits of Communication”, in AISTATS 2022.
- Osama A. Hanna, Lin F. Yang, and Christina Fragouli, “Solving Multi-Arm Bandit Using a Few Bits of Communication”, spotlight talk in ICML Workshop on Reinforcement Learning Theory 2021.
- R. Vestergaard, Osama A. Hanna, L. Song, D. E. Lucani, and C. Fragouli, “On Coded Broadcasting for Wireless Recommendation Systems”, in IEEE ICC, 2021.
- A. E. Kalor, Osama A. Hanna, and P. Popovski, “Random access schemes in wireless systems with correlated user activity”, in IEEE 19th Int. Workshop on Signal Proc. Advances in Wireless Comm. (SPAWC), 2018.
- Osama A. Hanna, A. El-Keyi, and M. Nafie, “Degrees of Freedom in Cached MIMO Relay Networks With Multi- ple Base Stations,” in International Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing Conference (IWCMC).